Congratulations on your new Body Piercing.
Now that you have your new piercing, it is essential that you follow the following instructions – so that it not only looks fantastic but it also heals well too!
Ear and Body Piercing Home Care Advice.
- Healing time is approximately 6 to 12 weeks. Jewellery is not to be removed before this time. It is preferable to leave the jewellery in for the first 6 months. You could take a multi-vitamin supplement to assist the healing process.
- For the first two weeks clean your piercing 1-2 times a day using Adnohr antiseptic spray or 2EEZ body piercing Spray. Do not touch jewellery with your hands. Only touch and rotate your jewellery in the shower. Do not rotate cartilage piercings. In the third week, clean your piercing with Adnohr antiseptic sparay or 2EEZ body piercing sprays. Avoid Dettol, peroxides, disinfectants, soaps and tea tree oil.
- Tongue and lip piercings should be rinsed with Listerine and separately Difflam (anti- inflammatory) at least 3 times a day and always after eating. Also refrain from heavy or rough play and smoking or alcohol as this may affect your piercing. Eating crushed ice is also a good idea initially.
- Those with nose studs may wish to secure them at night with a band-aid to prevent the stud from falling out (also try not to sleep on your face as this may embed the stud deep into your nose).
- Even in the strictest of conditions, infection can occur and possibly leave a scar. If you are unsure about the state of your piercing please consult one of our team. If attended to properly as suggested above, infections occur infrequently.
- Over time if you wish to change your jewellery we will do so FREE of charge when you purchase from us. There are many colours and styles available and they will give your piercing an entirely new look!
- Finally, please remember, we are inserting a foreign object into the body and redness may remain in the area up to 6 months due to trauma on the skin. Eventually though, the body will always try to heal itself. If you feel faint/dizzy or ill after piercing advise our staff immediately so they can help you.
Ear Piercing Home Care
- Your ears have been pierced under aseptic conditions using pre-sterilised studs of the highest grade, nickel compliant, stainless steel.
- Healing time is approximately 6 to 12 weeks. Jewellery is not to be removed before this time. It is preferable to leave the jewellery in for the first 6 months.
- Please note that sometimes the earlobes swell and place pressure on the back of the ear studs. If this is the case, please contact us. We may need to change the jewellery sooner to sleepers (small hoop earrings) in order to relieve this pressure.
- Also, be aware that you may experience jewellery rejection. This means that in addition to swelling, the skin colour changes and the area may become itchy. This is different from an infection where there is pus and usually pain. Again, contact us for further assessment.
- For the first two weeks, clean your piercing 1 to 2 times a day using Adnohr antiseptic spray.
- Avoid Dettol, alcohol based solutions, peroxides, disinfectants, soaps and tea tree oil.
Note: you may only touch your earrings in the shower to rotate your jewellery. Keep hair spray, soap, shampoo and other hair preparations away from the ear. After shampooing, the earlobe should be thoroughly rinsed with clear water.
- Do not touch your new piercing or let others touch your piercing.
- Do not share jewellery with friends.
- Avoid swimming until the piercing is healed as contaminated water is likely to pose a risk of infection.
- Even in the strictest of conditions, infection can occur. If you are unsure about the state of your piercing, please consult one of our team. If attended to properly as suggested above, infections occur infrequently.
Extra After Care for Dermal / Surface Piercings
- No form of tanning while your piercing is healing.
- Your piercer has placed a bandage over your anchor. This bandage should be left on for 24 hours and worn at night for the first 7-10 nights. Bandage should be removed during the daytime to allow for proper healing and changed as required.
- If your anchor appears further from the skin or is tilting to one side or another it is important to visit us immediately.
Address: 44-48 ELIZABETH ST, HOBART, TASMANIA 7000
Address: SHOP 17 UPPER LEVEL, EASTLANDS SHOPPING CENTRE, ROSNY, TASMANIA 7018
Address: 71-72 CHANNEL COURT, KINGSTON, TASMANIA 7050
Address: 115 BRISBANE ST, LAUNCESTON, TASMANIA 7250
Address: SHOP 1 HUB ARCADE, DEVONPORT, TASMANIA 7310
Address: 29 CATTLEY ST, BURNIE, TASMANIA 7320